Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Food for curves?

I hate the saying "real women have curves".

Why? It makes me feel like shit. I understand that people say it to make those who have curves feel better about themselves and I'm all for it. More power to you! Work those curves. However, this saying makes me feel unworthy of being a woman. I was not blessed with an hourglass figure or a rear end that belongs in rap music videos. I'm petite. From the chest down I have a similar shape to that of a 10 year old boy. You could argue that my lack of voluptuous curves makes it easier to buy pants/skirts/etc. but it doesn't. I don't have enough junk in my trunk to keep my pants up, so I suffer from saggy diaper butt.

Am I not a real woman because I don't have curves? Have I simply paraded around life being a faux woman? Ladies, lets embrace our bodies. Don't have curves? Who cares?! Give them a middle finger when they call you a pancake ass (yes, that has happened to me before.) Be proud of your pancake ass! If you have curves you better be out there strutting your stuff and ignoring them when they say "you're too fat." Truth be told, you'll never be everyone's cup of tea. Just be happy in the skin you're in and keep it moving. Crying over your body won't change it, I've tried. You either change it for YOU or you get a sense of humor. Can you guess which one I did? Hint: I'm too lazy to work out and I don't believe in giving up sweets.


 I say we change the saying. Here's an idea: "If you have a vagina, you are a real woman." Catchy, right?



Until next time, make it rain.
D

No comments:

Post a Comment