Saturday, January 10, 2015

Color me shocked.

For the past couple of months, I've been feeling pretty crappy about myself. I've watched the number on the scale slowly go up for no real reason. I am roughly 125 lbs. This is the heaviest I have been since high school and I am not comfortable. My weight is in no way "fat" but it is overweight for me. Every time I mention that to someone they just roll their eyes as if I'm asking to be told that I'm tiny, skinny, and/or perfect. I am none of those things. Okay, I might be tiny. And by might, I mean that I am. I am a small person. So here's the thing. When you're 4'10", 125 lbs is too much. By doctor's standards the most I should be weighing (for my body type) is 110 lbs. That's not unattainable, this past year I was 114-117 lbs without dieting or exercise.

I recently joined a gym, because I was (and still am) very uncomfortable with my body. The biggest issue I have with this is that I don't love myself right now. It took me SO long to love myself and gain confidence and in a few short months, it's thrown out the window. I will not tolerate that. I WILL love myself again. I'm determined to. I'll try to update this as much as I can with my journey to self-love. That sounds so naughty but I swear I don't mean it like that, lol.

My goals:I don't have a real weight loss goal. I could say I'd like to get to 110 lbs, but I want to tone up and I know that muscle weighs more than fat. So my real goal is going to be how I FEEL about myself and how I fit into my now too-tight clothes. I just want to be healthy. I'm not too worried about how I eat because I don't eat anything TOO bad (at least, when I cook at home I don't). I do enjoy sweets though. That's going to be the hardest thing for me, but maybe I'll gain some self control while I'm at it. My work-out partner and I will be working out around 5 days a week and she's going to help me do some training. I love that girl, she's really helping to motivate me.

Pros and cons of telling everyone at work about my new goal: anytime I try to eat anything I shouldn't, they yell at me. Yesterday they made home made fries (We're a sushi & Asian kitchen) and I went to go have a couple. I tried one and then got yelled at and they put the container up where I couldn't reach it. -______-


Until next time, make it rain.
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment