Saturday, January 10, 2015

Reality Bites

What is our obsession with celebrities? Why do we actually care what's going on in their lives? These are the questions I think about when I see what people write to celebrities via social media. All I see is hate, hate, hate. I don't care if you hate a celebrity, I'm sure I do too. But why is it necessary to spread that hate around and "bully" these people. Do you really think they read ALL of the messages, comments, etc.? I'm pretty sure they don't. They get so many in a matter of minutes, it seems impossible. I'm bringing this up only because of the Grammy's last night. One Directioners are in an uproar over the British accent Taylor Swift did during her performance. I can't help but laugh. Really? Did she hurt YOU personally? No. I'm pretty sure she didn't. I'm tolerable of all fans but it seems like these One Directioners are the worst. And I mean the WORST. My heart goes out to them because I can relate to the fact that they "love" these people. I mean, who am I to judge? I was supposed to be married and have 3 kids with Nick Carter or Justin Timberlake by now but, alas, that has not happened. Obviously. In all seriousness though, why are we acting like what these celebrities do affect our lives? They don't. They don't even know we, as individuals, exist.

Don't even get me started on the "Beliebers". Just don't. They're fucking nuts for cutting themselves. That's it.

Another thing we're obsessed with--getting mad at celebrities because they have things we don't. Sure, you don't think Kim Kardashian has talent. That's fine. But to say she doesn't earn it is stretching. I'll agree that she doesn't really seem to have much talent and I personally like Khloe because she seems the most real. Honestly, none of them really have talent (with the exception of Kendall and Kylie who are models. Whether that takes talent is debatable). They have made a career out of reality TV and it has given them opportunities. The fact that they have made themselves into a "brand" is what they do. It takes some sort of business savvy to do that. So what if they were born into money? They've made whatever they had ten times over by seizing opportunities and taking advantage of them. You can't really hate for that because you know if that was you you'd do the same damn thing. Plus, it's obvious Kim didn't really have as much money as before. Remember her walking around with that hideous make-up and sloppy body? Money might not be able to buy you happiness but it can buy you a make-up artist and a personal trainer. Furthermore, money doesn't mean that you get what you want and that your life is perfect. Most celebrities can't even stay in a relationship or marriage for very long because of the troubles they deal with. Whether it be fame or money, just be happy you don't have to deal with it.

I'll probably get some hate for this post but who cares? I don't know you and if you're offended by this little blog post of mine, I probably don't want to know you.

Until next time, make it rain.
D

No comments:

Post a Comment